Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | MonkeyNotes
_____ 1. Virgil wanted to tell the story of the founding of the Roman
A. he felt the Empire had gone downhill
_____ 2. Two major subjects of the Aeneid are
A. fate and duty
_____ 3. Julius Caesar claimed that he was descended from
_____ 4. Juno's favorite city is
_____ 5. Dido fell in love with Aeneas because
A. Cupid shot her with an arrow
_____ 6. Aeneas ran away from Troy because
A. he was told in a dream to find a second Troy
_____ 7. Aeneas gets a vision of the future of Rome when
A. Dido shows him her tapestry in Carthage
_____ 8. A pair of close friends are
A. Turnus and Pallas
_____ 9. Aeneas is similar to Homer's hero Achilles when
A. he mourns his father
_____ 10. Rome was built on the site of:
A. I and II only B. II and III only
11. Discuss the relationship between anger and disorder in the Aeneid.
12. What is the role of fate in the Aeneid?
13. What is the relationship between the gods and men?
14. Discuss how Virgil uses fire as a symbol of destruction.
15. The Aeneid is an epic about Rome. Discuss.