Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | MonkeyNotes
A STEP BEYOND
TESTS AND ANSWERS
_____ 1. In 31 B.C., Virgil finally felt hope for his country when
A. Julius Caesar was assassinated
_____ 2. Aeneas is meant to represent
A. Julius Caesar
_____ 3. The Trojans' enemy among the gods is
_____ 4. Aeneas is motivated most by
_____ 5. The Queen of Carthage is
_____ 6. A flashback about the fall of Troy occurs when Aeneas
A. tells Dido of his past
_____ 7. Virgil shows that the Trojans were only defeated by
A. their own cowardice
_____ 8. Aeneas wanders for years, just like Homer's hero
_____ 9. Allecto is sent by Juno to
A. whip up thoughts of war
_____ 10. Turnus' great flaw is that
A. his passion for war is out of control
11. What qualities make Aeneas a great leader?
12. Discuss how Aeneas' travels in the first six books of the Aeneid
13. Do you like Aeneas or Dido better? Why?
14. Why does Aeneas kill Turnus? Was it the right thing to do?
15. Compare Dido and Turnus. How are they similar? How are they