Table of Contents | Message Board | Downloadable/Printable Version
1. Describe the Northland Wild and Bill's experiences there.
2. Describe the wolf-pack's experiences in the Wild.
3. What kind of mother is Kiche?
4. How is the gray cub different from the others in the litter?
5. Is White Fang born aggressive, or is he made aggressive? Fully explain your answer.
6. What role does Lip-lip play in White Fang's development?
7. Describe in detail White Fang's experiences with Gray Beaver.
8. Describe his experience with Beauty Smith.
9. How does Scott succeed in "taming" White Fang?
10. Does White Fang belong in the city or in the Wild? Support your answer
11. Show how White Fang is different from the other "domesticated" dogs.
12. Which human qualities are attributed to White Fang? Do they benefit him or deter him? Explain you answer.
13. Jim Hall and White Fang share a similar background. Explain how.
14. What are the two major Themes of the novel? How are they developed and how are they related?
15. The novel is filled with violence. How can it be classified as a comedy?