Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. Why is Viola compelled to disguise herself? What is the result of hiding her real identity?
2. To what extent can "Twelfth Night" be called a Romantic Comedy? Explain where the romantic elements are and where are the comedic elements.
3. What is the theme of the subplot? What is the origin and final outcome of this theme?
4. As Cesario, Viola faces a number of challenging situations. What are these situations? Why are they challenging? What is the final outcome?
5. In what ways does Shakespeare use the minor theme to project comedy and humor in the play?
6. How far is the subplot an example of dramatic justice?
7. Evaluate the different concepts of love that are revealed by the characters. What do these concepts reveal about the characters who embody these concepts?
9. Is Viola a victim of circumstances? Evaluate the movement of the plot to justify your answer.
10. Is Orsino's sudden love for Viola justified or not? Explain.
11. What is the role of Feste in the play? Examine how he contributes to both the romantic and humorous aspects of the play.