Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Describe Tom Sawyer as a person; compare and contrast him to Huck Finn.
2. How does Tom show that he has matured during the novel?
3. What are the two basic plots of the novel and how does each turn out?
4. Describe Becky Thatcher as a character.
5. What social criticisms does Twain give in the novel?
6. Comment on the humor in Tom Sawyer.
7. Explain how Twain depicts Injun Joe as a totally despicable character.
8. What is your favorite adventure in the book and why?