Table of Contents | Message Board | Downloadable/Printable Version
1. Why does Mr. Bergen hate his father-in-law?
A. He lent him money to open the store
2. During which war does the story take place?
A. World War I
3. What did Patty’s grandmother give her in secret?
A. A pin from her grandmother
4. Why did Anton purchase the pin from Patty?
A. to give to his mother when he returned to Germany
5. Why does Patty constantly make-up/embellish stories throughout the novel?
A. She can’t remember the actual story
6. What did Patty give Anton?
A. A ring of hers, in return
7. What did Anton do when he say Patty getting beaten by her father?
A. Ran to go save her
8. What is the one thing that Mr. Bergen is generous with?
9. Who does Anton compare Patty’s father to?
A. His father
10. What were Ruth’s career aspirations?
11. What did Anton give Patty
A. Pocket pencil sharpener
12. Who is the only visitor Patty has at the reformatory school?
13. What are Patty’s aspirations after she leaves the reformatory school?
A. Become a reporter
14. In which section of Jenkinsville does Ruth live?
A. The same as Patty
15. What does Anton’s ring symbolic of?
A. His love for Patty
1) E 2) C 3) D 4) B 5)B 6)D 7) A 8) D 9) B 10) C 11) B 12) D 13) A 14) D 15) D