Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Examine the features of Siddhartha as a quest romance. What does Siddhartha learn from each stage of the quest?
2. Explain why the novel ends as a comedy for Siddhartha.
3. Compare and/or contrast Siddhartha with
4. Analyze the plot structure of Siddhartha, taking into account the three sections of the novel.
5. Discuss how the Themes of parental love and sexual love are both presented in the novel.
6. Explain the many roles of the river in the novel and why each is important to the novel.
7. What are the various features of Hesse's prose style in Siddhartha?
8. Explain the meaning of Om and why it is important to the novel.
9. Explain which two characters have the greatest influence on Siddhartha and why.