Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. Explain why Crusoe could be called a prodigal son.
2. There are several shipwrecks in the novel. Explain each of them and how they impact Crusoe.
3. Crusoe is clearly the protagonist of the novel. He has more than one antagonist, for the story operates on more than one level. Explain each of the main antagonists and how he overcomes them.
4. Explain Crusoe's developing attitude towards God in the novel, giving specific details.
5. Explain how Robinson Crusoe is the record of the triumph of the human spirit, giving specific examples.
6. Explain the transformation of Friday. What theme does he support and how?
8. Explain how the theme of imperialism is developed in the novel.
9. In the years he spends there, Crusoe transforms the island into a mini-England. Discuss.
10. Discuss the element of time in Robinson Crusoe.