Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Richard and Bolingbroke.
2. Analyze the character of Richard as a tragic hero. Does his character undergo a change on his return from Ireland?
3. Comment on Richard II as a history play.
4. Substantiate the view that Richard II is a play of darkness and is devoid of any comic relief.
5. Does Richard II fit better under the category of history play or tragedy?
7. Comment on Shakespeare's presentation of the women characters in this play. What is the queen's function?
8. Comment on York's character. Why does he abandon Richard?
9. Does the play have a proper beginning, middle and end? Comment on the plot structure of the play.