Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. Describe Clement (Clym) Yeobright. Why is he not a proper mate for Eustacia?
2. Describe Damon Wildeve. In what ways is he more suited to Eustacia than Yeobright?
3. Is Eustacia Vye guilty of sinning or is she more sinned against? Explain your answer.
4. In what way is Diggory Venn a "connector" in the novel?
5. Compare and contrast the attitudes of Clym, Eustacia, Thomasin, and Wildeve to Egdon Heath.
6. Why does Clym feel like he has killed two people when he has murdered no one?
7. What role does superstition play in the novel and what does it tell us about the heath dwellers?
9. Explain at least five instances of dramatic repetition in the novel.
10.How does Clym's decision to become a schoolmaster change the course of the novel?
11. Explain the mother-son relationship of Clym and Mrs. Yeobright. Is Clym wrong in his treatment of his mother?
12. Compare and contrast Thomasin and Eustacia.