Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. Discuss two important Themes in the play.
2. Would you say Pericles is a tragedy or a comedy? Discuss.
3. How is order restored at the end of the play?
4. Explain how prose and poetry are used in different parts of the play.
5. How does Shakespeare bring about dramatic unity in the play?
6. Discuss three examples of parallel characters and storylines in terms of their purpose and meaning.
8. Do you feel Pericles' character is a rounded one? Explain.
9. Do you admire Marina? Why?
10. Is a chorus necessary in this play? Discuss.
11. Describe the imagery in the play. Does it contribute much to the play's general effect?
12. Do you think a play like Pericles has any relevance today?
13. Would you say Pericles is a play about family values?
14. Show how the concept of harmony is dealt with in the play.