Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Explain the various facets of Iago’s character. What is his contribution to the tragedy in the lives of Othello, Desdemona, Cassio, and Roderigo?
2. How do you account for the tragic failure of the romantic love marriage of Othello and Desdemona?
3. Examine the role of racial discrimination in bringing about the tragedy of Othello and Desdemona.
4. What are the various aspects of Othello’s character?
5. What features of a tragic heroine do you find in Desdemona?
6. Explain the plot construction of Othello.
7. Discuss Othello as a tragedy of intrigue.
8. Explain how the theme of jealousy is developed in Othello.
9. Discuss Othello as a play of deception and self-deception.
10. Show how Othello deals with the theme of appearance and reality.
11. How does Shakespeare handle the theme of love in Othello?