Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. How does the opening scene introduce the entire play?
2. Comment on the plot construction of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
3. Explain each of the three worlds in the play and how they are related.
4. Examine the function of the interlude in A Midsummer Night's
5. Compare and contrast Hermia and Helena.
6. Compare and contrast Lysander and Demetrius.
7. Explain how the dream-like quality of the play is developed.
8. There are two distinct settings in the play. What are they and how is each used and developed effectively by Shakespeare?
9. How is irony and humor developed in the play?
10. The conflict in the play is not traditional conflict. Explain what the conflict is and how it is developed.