Table of Contents | Message Board | Downloadable/Printable Version
ESSAY TOPIC IDEAS
1. Is A Man for All Seasons a good description of Sir Thomas More? Give the reasoning behind your answer.
2. Which character in the play is most capable of hurting society? Why?
3. Does A Man for All Seasons have relevance in today’s world? Why?
4. Was the publican a spy? If he was, who was he spying for? If he wasn’t, how did Cromwell get the impression that he was?
5. What percentage of today’s population would you say resembles The Common Man? Explain how you arrive at your answer.
6. Explain how it happened that the law that More respected did not save him when he was innocent.
7. Shortly before they were forced to leave More’s jail cell, what did More tell his family to do?
8. Why do you think that we were told about the future fate of Thomas Cromwell, The Duke of Norfolk, Thomas Cranmer, and Richard Rich?
9. What was Chapuys opinion of the marriage of Henry and Catherine? Why did he lean in that direction?
10. Was Matthew wrong to talk to Rich, Chapuys, and Cromwell about Sir Thomas? Explain the reasoning behind your answer.