Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Discuss the title of the novel 'Lord of the Flies'.
2. Compare and contrast the characters of Ralph and Jack, and trace their development as leaders.
3. What is Simon's place in the novel as a character and as a symbol.
4. Discuss the roles of Sam and Eric and the littluns in the novel.
5. Discuss the symbolism of the conch and Piggy's glasses.
6. Analyze the relationships between Ralph and Piggy and Jack and Roger.
7. Contrast the meaning of the two beasts that Simon encounters (the dead airman and the pig's head).
8. Why is Piggy's vision in the novel always static and limited?