Table of Contents | Message Board | Downloadable/Printable Version
1. Give a deep analysis of the personality of Henry VI and the role he has to play.
2. Henry VI is a man destined for goodness, but not for greatness. Substantiate.
3. What is the political climax of the play? What is its outcome?
4. Give an account of the Cade Rebellion, with special reference to the part played by Jack Cade.
5. The lords of the court bless Queen Margaret as “England’s happiness” upon her arrival. Explain the irony of these words in light Margaret’s actions throughout the play.
6. Probe into the relationship between the king and his Protector.
7. Describe Suffolk’s demise (IV, 1). To whom does he compare himself before his death?
8. Give a brief character sketch of the Duke of York.
9. Gloucester is portrayed as a self-righteous man, who believes that truth can never be overpowered. Substantiate
10. What is the significance of the miracle scene and the scene of the duel by combat between Horner and Peter?
11. Give a character sketch of Duchess Eleanor.
12. What is the importance of the “Conjurer Scene” in the play?