Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. Explain the significance of the title Go Tell it on the Mountain.
2. Reveal the symbolic significance of the novel.
3. Why is the title of Part One called as "Seventh Day"?
4. What does John realize on his fourteenth birthday? What does he
do about it?
5. Why does John admire Elisha? Why does he pick up a fight with
6. Why does Florence come to offer her prayers at the church after a
7. Would you agree that Florence is unlucky in life? Why?
8. Gabriel is a devil in an angelís garb. Do you agree? If so, why?
9. How is Elizabeth cheated in love?
10. Describe Johnís experience on the floor of the church before he
11. Trace the undercurrent of irony in the novel.
12. How does the novel end? Is it justified?