Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Original Text
1. Show the ambiguity of the Victor-Elizabeth relationship.
2. The three major women characters in the novel are Caroline, Elizabeth and Justine. Are they similar to each other? Can they be called women who were typical of their age?
3. How does Nature (and natural surroundings) function in the novel?
4. Describe the monster's life in the presence of the De Lacey family.
5. Characterize the monster in detail. Show the development of his character. How does he change?
6. Show how some minor characters are representative of the class they belong to (Henry's father, the nurse in Ireland.)
7. Is the monster is justified in what he does to his creator? Elaborate.
8. Can Victor's desire for revenge be justified?
9. Comment on the structure of the novel.