Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. The spiritual journey of man is the main theme of "The Divine Comedy". Substantiate with examples.
2. The political strife in Florence forms a theme of the poem.
3. Virgil is the personification of Human Reason in the poem. Yes or No. Substantiate with example.
4. The Pilgrim proves to be an apt pupil. Do you agree or disagree. Support your view with matter from the poem.
5. Write a note on the plot structure of "Inferno".
6. Distinguish between Dante the Poet and Dante the Pilgrim.
7. In the beginning, the Pilgrim is a novice and his pity is easily aroused by the wiles of the crafty sinners like Franscesca. How far is it true. Does he learn not to be swayed by his feelings as the poem develops?
8. Describe the three major sub-divisions of Hell.
9. Comment on the device of contrapasso used by Dante to device various punishments on the sinners.