Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Discuss Willy Loman as a pathetically tragic figure. What actually overcomes him in life?
2. Which character in the play changes the most? Support your answer with specific detail.
3. What aspects of American society are criticized by Arthur Miller in the play "Death of a Salesman"?
4. How much of Willy's tragedy is caused by his own personality and how much is the result of the American society? Support your answer with details from the play.
5. Compare and contrast Willy, Charley, and Ben.
6. Compare and contrast Happy and Biff.
7. How does the flute music in the play function symbolically?
8. Describe how the structure of the play is made to present illusion