Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. What political views does the author express?
2. Is the novelist unduly harsh toward men? Discuss.
3. Outline the main Themes in this novel.
4. Discuss the significance of the title.
5. Is the first person narrative an effective technique here?
6. To what extent is this novel about the dissolution of the nuclear family?
7. Bring out the role of family in the novel.
8. Analyze the role played by men in the novel.
9. Discuss why Estevan and Esperanza would have consented to pose as Turtle’s parents and describe how the experience changed them.
10. Suggest an alternate ending wherein Esperanza is unable to part with Turtle and Taylor must leave Oklahoma alone.