Table of Contents | Message Board | Downloadable/Printable Version
1. Who are the narrators used by William Faulkner in Absalom, Absalom!. Explain the key information that you learn from each.
2. Explain why the novel ends in tragedy.
3. How is the Sutpen saga symbolic of the South in Absalom, Absalom!?
4. How does William Faulkner show the different perspectives of truth in Absalom, Absalom! ?
5. Examine the plot structure of Absalom, Absalom!.
6. Discuss some of the important Themes of William Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom!.
7. Analyze the character of Thomas Sutpen using the different accounts of his life in Absalom, Absalom!.
8. Is Rosa Coldfield romantic or realistic in her narration? Discuss your answer, giving specific examples.
9. What is the role of Shreve as a narrator?
10. Explain the dramatic ending of the novel. State why you feel it is effective on ineffective.
11. How does William Faulkner draw parallels between the two pairs of Henry and Charles Bon and Quentin and Shreve in Absalom, Absalom!?
12. Examine the significance of the title of the novel, Absalom, Absalom!.
13. "Mr. Compson is full of speculation in his narration." Prove this statement.
14. Evaluate the prose style of William Faulkner in Absalom, Absalom!.